Trade License is a service delivered to the citizen for the allotment of trade licenses for the businesses which are being conducted by the citizen. It comprises of the application for new trade licenses by the trader / renewal of trade licenses every year, approval of the trade license by the respective authorities at the ULB and subsequently, payment by the trader after which the trade license is allotted to the trader. The authority for the allotment of new trade licenses lies with the respective ULB wherein the trade is to be conducted.
Citizen Access Point at the ULB
Application for new trade license: Tax Collector at the ULB where the trade is to be conducted
Payment of demand for the trade license: Tax Collector at the ULB where the trade is to be conducted
v The following SLAs applies from the date when the trader applies for the trade license at the
ULB along with the complete set of documents
v The minimum documents required for renewal of trade license are :
- Original License copy
- Previous year fees Challan
- Up to date tax paid receipt
v The trader shall be provided an acknowledgement receipt with a unique identification number
which shall act as a reference for all further issues until the trade license number is generated
v The trader shall ensure full co-operation at the time of verification of the trade license and shall
ensure presence when the Misc Sarkar is going for a field visit which shall be a maximum of 2
time else the application will be cancelled within the SLA period.
v All SLAs mentioned are the maximum SLAs for that stage and the task is to be completed in
the minimum possible time.
Manual Process Flow
|Sl No||Manual Process||Municipal Corporation||Municipal Council||Notified Area Council||SLA (15Days)|
|1||Entry of Trade License Application at ULB||Tax Collector||Tax Collector||Clerk|
|2||Field Verification of Trade License||Tax Collector||Tax Collector||Clerk||7 days|
|3||Entry of Field Verification report and approval||Tax Collector||Tax Collector||Clerk||2 days|
|4||Approval of Application||License Inspector||License Inspector||Clerk||2 days|
|5||Approval of Application||Deputy Secretary||Executive Officer||Executive Officer||2 days|
|6||Approval of Trade License||Commissioner||Executive Officer||Executive Officer||2 days|
§ The payment required for issuance of trade license is Demand Payment for the license for the Current financial year
§ The value of the Demand Payment is decided based on the type of trade and the items of trade and the respective quantity of the items.
Possible Slack Times
The possible slack times in the above flow are:
1. Entry of offline request submitted by the citizen into the application / Filing of request in case of ULBs where e-Municipality is not in use
2. Field Verification of the trade license by the Misc Sarkar.
The following cases are exceptions where the above SLAs shall not be applicable
1. Trader is yet to submit the complete set of documents for the approval of the trade license.
2. The trade or the associated assets like holding etc on which the trade is being conducted has been found to be under dispute which shall involve legal interruption.
Action to be taken
The following action shall be taken in case the above SLAs are not adhered to:
For ULBs which come under the purview of e-Municipality
1. SMS Message and e-Mail shall be sent to the next approver since one day before the completion of the SLA for that stage until the task is completed
2. In case of the final stage before Generation of trade license no, SMS and e-Mail shall be sent to the current approver each day until the trade license is approved.
For all cases the citizen can take the following action if the trade license is not issued within 30 days
- The citizen can appeal to the designated Appellate Authority and Reviewing Authority for the said service in case the trade license is not issued within 15 days
|Municipal Corporation||Municipal Council||NAC|
|Appellate Authority||Commissioner||Executive Officer||Executive Officer|
|Reviewing Authority||Director, Municipal Administration||Collector||Project Director,DUDA|