Marriage Certificate (Under Hindu Marriage Act)
A marriage certificate is a proof of registration of marriage. The need for a marriage certificate arises in those cases where it is needed to prove the marital status of a person. It is essential at the time of obtaining a passport, change of maiden name etc. To be eligible for marriage the minimum age limit is 21 for males and 18 for females. The concerned authority for issuance of Marriage Certificate in urban areas is Deputy Commissioner of the ULB for Corporations and Executive Officer of the ULB for Municipal Councils or NACs. In rural areas, the Block Development Officer is the authority for issuance of a Marriage Certificate.
- The following SLAs applies from the date when the applicants apply for the marriage certificate.
- The SLA applies from the date when marriage certificate has been applied for along with the complete set of documents and other requisite conditions have been met.
- The requisite attendees must be present during the application.
- The minimum documents required for application of trade license are:
- Treasury Challan of respective amount as specified is to be attached with the application form.
- Joint photograph of marriage of both bride and groom is to be attached with the form.
- Invitation Card of marriage of both bride and groom is to be attached with the form.
- Affidavit of Notary/Executive Magistrate that the couple is married under Hindu Marriage Act 1955 and staying together. Attach the affidavit with the form
- Residential proof of Bride/Groom of the local area is to be attached with the form.
- The applicant shall be provided an acknowledgement receipt with a unique identification number which shall act as a reference for all further issues.
- The consumer should deposit the requisite the fees within the time specified else the SLA will not be applicable.
- All SLAs mentioned are the maximum SLAs for that stage and the task is to be completed in the minimum possible time.
Manual Process Flow
|Sl No||Process||Municipal Corporation||Municipal Council / NAC||Rural Areas||SLA (7 Days)|
|1||Application of Marriage Certificate with the authority||Dealing Assistant||Dealing Assistant||Dealing Assistant||1 Day|
|2||Verification of documents||Dealing Assistant||Dealing Assistant||Dealing Assistant||3 Days|
|3||Scheduling of interview of couple and guardians||Dealing Assistant||Dealing Assistant||Dealing Assistant||2 Days|
|4||Issuance of certificate||Deputy Commissioner||Executive Officer||BDO||1 Day|